Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Compaq & Car Incident

When I first started this blog I mentioned that I had a Compaq laptop. I also said it got ran over by the car. Well here's that story:

My oldest girl was expecting her first child. She had been back and forth to the emergency room only to be sent home on several occasions. Her husband borrowed my laptop to play my deerhunting game (Yah Cabela's) while he waited in the emergency room for hours each trip. Well, on the night that she actually went into labor, he, the calm guy that he is, grabbed the suitcase, and laptop and headed to the car. He placed the laptop by the tire and put the suitcase in the trunk. He got my daughter in the car and made the loop around the circle drive and ran over the laptop on the way out of the drive. As soon as he did it he knew what had happened. He stopped, got the laptop and proceeded to the hospital. When he finally got around to opening it to see what damage had been done, he saw the screen had cracked a bit at the top but it still booted and ran and that was in May of 2000. I had already had it over 2 years and it went strong right on up until my hubby replaced it with my new one in 2006. Now my baby girl uses the laptop and as far as I know it's still going strong. Do I recommend you buy a compaq? If it hadn't been taken over by that "other" company I would say yes. But ....NO.

No comments: