Friday, February 15, 2008

Guild Drama

I had heard of it but never experienced it... til now :(

Everything is going well in the guild one day and then the next its like a bomb goes off. What the freak just happened??? One of the guild leaders from the past returns and all is well for a while. He is actually a very good player of his class. But, after some time I noticed that the guild chat channel was getting to be a not so good place for neither children (our guild had some of those) nor ladies (and I consider myself one of those :P). The more I read in the chat channel the more disturbed I became. It was quickly getting to the point that I wanted to know how to block guild chat. I was told you can't. Oh well.

Well now, Lethalor had become the Assistant Guild Manager and he spoke up in officer chat about the children being able to read the chat and one thing led to another and then it really got ugly. Over the next few days some of the members (the ones doing the ugly chat) in retaliation, started making new alts with X-rated names etc. and joining the guild and chatting about things even more. I finally broke my silence and said something about it not being suitable for kids or ladies in the guild anymore and was attacked by the (guild leader from the past). He said that there used to not be any rules in the guild and that it is going back to that way to just deal with it. I said well that works for you but not for me and quit the guild right then. It had gone downhill as far as I was willing to go with it and I would just go back to solo.

Well, poor Lethalor was in the battleground when it all happened and soon he was out of bg and jumped in it and to this day I am not sure what he said but I do know he ended up telling the guy he was an arrogant @$$ and he left as well. I got a whisper from another couple of people who left when I did and they said if we found and joined another guild to let them know and they would gladly join. So we recreated Spirits of Retribution and now have over 60 members. Yahh!!! us. Guild drama.... who freaking needs it? On a side note...Jay even returned to the guild so it seems I am right back where I started only better!

No comments: