Friday, February 8, 2008

My First New Friend-Thanks Lethalor

I have to get a quest done for the guy at Maestra's Post. So, I run back down there from Ashenvale and he says he needs some hair. (I don't remember what he looked like, whether he "really" needed hair or not I can't tell ya, but I do remember he wanted some). This quest is hard, there are alot of ugly dead like creatures strolling around and as soon as I try to get the quest item I die. Finally I manage to get one, only to find out I need more than one. Dagnabbit, this bald guy sure asks alot of a one little woman.

Oh no, here come a couple other players, One is a hunter and the other is a priest. Well maybe I will watch and see how they do it. The hunter comes up to me and speaks. If I hadn't been so flustered by not knowing how to talk back to him I would have noticed "he" had a pet cat.

HONEY, HELP!! Someone is talking to me and I don't know how to talk back. I don't want to be rude. Honey's reason for getting the laptop with wireless is clear at this point- I am sitting beside him on the couch and he just leans over to help. Not having to get up and go into the computer room to help (and I need alot of it) is nice for him I am sure. And here I was thinking he just wanted me to be next to him:). Anyway we figure it out and this nice person is about my level (21 or so) finds out I don't know much about the game, tells me a few things, finds out I am trying to do this same quest and asks if I want to group with him and his son. I say ok and he invites me to group.

Wow, I am totally lost at this point but they seem so helpful and chatty that I immediately like him and his son so off we go. He asks me what kind of pet do I have. Umm, I don't have one. WHAT!, no pet. Oh you need a pet. Well so much for not looking like an idiot....After much of me explaining of what happened to my owl and him explaining what I need to do to get another, I go back to Auberdine and get a cat (name it Peanut after my cat) and from then on I was learning with my new friend all that I didn't know. He was very patient with me and explained all in detail for me to understand.

After I caught up with him in the basic knowledge of the mechanics of the game, we started helping each other out by researching things and hubby buying me books to help. He bought me the Master Guide Second Edition Strategy Guide and The Burning Crusade Strategy Guide. Also The Dungeon Companion I & II. Hubby even brought me home the The Burning Crusade expansion pack. I said I am not ready for that yet. But he assures me that his friend says that I will be ready for it soon.

Speaking of friends....My new friend sure did know alot. He asked if I had been to Stormwind yet. I said no, where is that. He promised to take me there soon. Imagine my shock when we finally get there and its the city of my first warrior girl. I told him to watch out for the canals if you fall in you swim forever trying to get out. I told him about my first try at a character and what happened to her. He laughed at me and said you can get out of the canals, but never showed me how and I just always stayed away from the edges anyway!

Well, Lethalor seemed to be online every night at the same time as me so we grouped up and played together. It became the norm if one of us was on when the other signed online to just invite, make a plan and go do it. We leveled together to 70 that way and still play the game as such to this day! He was the explorer and I was the quester. He would find new areas and flight paths when I wasn't on and I would quest there and then help him at night with his quests to catch up. Then he would find more new places and it was just a pattern we had that seemed to work. Leth was also kind enough to teach me how to use the auctioneer addon. He is always trying new things, pets etc. and then I just follow along if I like how it works for him. He actually made it to level 70 a day or so before I did. I guess I spend too much time helping others and dawdling, I guess you could say, around in the game. At any rate, he is ahead of me in the questing, new area finding and stuff at this point in the game. He urges me on to try new things like the battlegrounds and stuff in the game. He doesn't complain and never gives me a hard time about my altitus. I have even convinced him to make a few alts.

No comments: