Monday, February 25, 2008

Saturday Night Invasions

Some of the guildies were in Wetlands questing. We get a call out that there are horde invading. We ride over and take a looksie. Not much happening. When the higher levels show up they all tend to leave. No Fun. So we head over to Auberdine. There are always horde in Auberdine. It's a daily thing. Sure enough. But for the first time that I have ever seen, the alliance have a raid group started and are killing them as fast as they respawn in the town. I wasn't going to join and even declined the first invite to the raid group. But some horde hunter thought it would be funny to snake trap my pet thus flagging me. Bad idea! I ask for that invite to the raid group from the same person that invited me the first time. I explained why the change of heart and set out to personally whip some horde patootie. Especially a hunter with his freakin snake trap.

During this adventure. I saw a weird glitch in the game. One of the Auberdine Sentinels was stuck in the ground with only her head showing. You could click her and she would speak to you. Needless to say it was quite an amusing sight.





After a while though the horde beat a hasty retreat. Except for one. He just wouldn't leave. He kept rezzing in the middle of town and dying over and over. I guess he finally left when his equipment was busted.

Pretty soon, some more horde came but they are trying to make it to the boat to Darnassus. Well, we follow them over there and pretty much watch them die trying to get through the city. Only a couple were level 70, a priest and a warrior. The rest are lower levels only two above level 10 the rest below. We watch as they die and rez nearer and nearer to the starting area for the Night Elves. Finally, they make it Dolanaar. But this is about the end. The priest dies and never comes back leaving the warrior alone with his lower level buddies. These lower levels just danced around the graveyard for a while then they left. The orc warrior decided to make a run for the starting area. I followed. He had a fast mount, but mine was just as fast. Not being familiar with the area, he ran around and around with me following. I wondered if he was going to do that all night. It was just him and me. Why not dismount and fight? No, he just ran. Ok, well we will see where you go. He took a wrong turn and ended up out on a limb, literally. I whispered my friend and he came to see the sight. It was too funny. Finally, I guess he figured he had had enough and he dismounted on the limb and hearthed. All that trouble getting there and having to hearth out. Not a good night for one orc warrior. But, I have to give him props for tenacity!




No comments: